Friday, December 13, 2013

Free Voice Dictation Software On Samsung Chromebook

Today was the day that I wanted to browse the Google Chrome Web Store for applications that could help me publish, and that is when I discovered that I can get free voice dictation software to write my blog post from my Samsung Google Chromebook.



It was really easy to get started with. All you need to do is go to the Google Chrome store in the search box simply type in “dictation”.  you will see the app for dictation is the first one listed, and install that one.  once it is installed simply go to your apps menu in click on it. When will open up what looks like a legal pad of paper. At the bottom of the virtual paper there are three buttons. The first one says “start dictation”, the next says “clear canvas”, and the third one says “export”. Simply click clear canvas, and then then click Start dictation.




Simply talk clearly, don't mumble your words and you will see that it picks up your words very well on the internal Chromebook microphone. You use your punctuation when you end a sentence by saying the punctuation you wish such as “period”. How to make sure that it does not get confused when you're using punctuation after done with your sentence pause for a half a second and then say the punctuation you wish to use. If you do not use this method you will end up with a lot of dictated words such as “Period” instead of getting an actual period. This can frustrate new users on any voice dictation software not just this one.


Now I never really had a good dictation program on my laptop that was free. I did buy Dragon Dictation for my laptop, but that was expensive and it didn't do that much of a better job than this does and this is free. So if you are looking for a voice dictation solution you have found one for your Samsung Chromebook.


I cannot tell you how much I love this app and in case you were wondering this entire blog post you just read was dictated using this app. I also made a YouTube video about it that you can watch by clicking on the link below. You will see me show you where to find in the web store, how to install it in your Chromebook, and how to properly use the voice dictation on my Samsung Google Chromebook.



Once again I would like to thank you for stopping by in reading about my journey of transitioning from my laptop to using only my Google Chromebook. I am about a week into using my Samsung ARM Chromebook exclusively over my laptop, and I have never been happier. So please subscribe, follow me on Google+, and share this with any social networks you belong too. If you follow me on Google+ give me a shout out about any topics you want me to cover in regards to a Chromebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment